The Interview Process
We hope that by having applied to us, you will be fairly certain that we are the teacher training provider to which you wish to commit. The interview is another opportunity for you to test this. The interview aims to be a pleasant, informal and welcoming experience in which you are able to gain as much information as possible about the programme.
From our point of view, we wish to establish:
- You have an aptitude for becoming an outstanding teacher
- You have very good subject knowledge or the capacity and commitment to achieve this
- You are able to quickly establish positive relationships with peers and young people
- You understand the role of the teacher, the demands of the training programme and the resilience to complete the programme
- You are able to communicate effectively
Having successfully being invited to interview, you will be asked to undertake a series of tasks to enable us to assess this. You will be tested on your subject knowledge (45 minutes) and undertake a short resilience task (20 minutes). You will teach a small group of students a topic you will have prepared in advance (15 minute session). You will then have a formal interview (30 minutes) which will provide further opportunities to establish your potential for success on the programme.
If you are successful at this stage – congratulations! you will be offered a place on the programme. This may be conditional on factors such as undertaking a Subject Knowledge Enhancement programme and will be dependent on your particular circumstance.
What To Bring To The Interview
- Original copies of your Degree, A-Level and GCSE certificates. If you do not have these you will need to contact the appropriate examination board for duplicates.
- Overseas Qualification certificates will need to be sent to NARIC who will complete a statement of comparability. This process can be lengthy so apply now. For further information please visit www.naric.org.uk
- Identity documents (Passport and Driving Licence)
- Skills Test Certificates if you have already done them