Teaching Internship Programme Summer 2024 (Computing, Physics, Maths and Modern Foreign Languages)
We are delighted to be offering undergraduates a three week paid Internship Programme this summer (£300 per week). During this programme you will gain a deep experience of teaching and school life to help you understand if teaching is for you. Our aim is to help you explore how rewarding and challenging a career in teaching can be and start you on your journey to becoming an outstanding teacher.
Who can apply?
- You need to be interested in teaching Mathematics, Physics, Computing or Modern Foreign Languages as a career
- You need to be a current undergraduate studying Maths, Physics, Computing, or Modern Foreign Languages (or a related subject)
- You need to be enthusiastic, able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, inquisitive and reflective.
What does the Teaching Internship Programme involve?
During the three week programme, interns will be involved in all aspects of school life:
- Mentoring and coaching by an expert subject practitioner
- Observing and understanding expert teaching
- Joint planning and team teaching
- Coaching or teaching individual or small groups of students
- Running projects or activities within your subject area
- Supporting extra-curricular activities
- Helping subject colleagues prepare resources and materials
- Visiting nearby schools to experience different cultures
- Introductory training on pedagogy (theory of teaching)
- Career conversations and insights
- Taught workshops - subject specific and generic
- Research project and presentation
You will gain a deep and true understanding of what a career in teaching involves, meet other interns and gain valuable work experience and skills for whatever career choices you make.
After the programme, interns will receive ongoing support and guidance to help you pursue your interest in teaching and secure a teacher training placement:
- Further school experience opportunities
- One-on-one bookable session with one of our ITT team
- Application workshops
- Accelerated application and interview process
When is the programme?
The programme runs from Monday 17th June to Friday 5th July 2024 (full-time).
How to apply?
- Complete our application form by 12 noon on Monday 18th March 2024
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview from the 24th March 2024.
- Following a successful interview, candidates will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This is a safeguarding requirement as you will be working in schools with children.
If you like to find out more, please contact Krissy Taylor:
Phone: 01252 900550 (option 3)
Please read the following documents which are designed to make you aware of how i2i and the Department for Education (DfE) (the data controller) will process your personal information.