How will I train?
The i2i programme provides high-quality provider and school led training, enabling all Trainees to develop into confident and competent professionals.
Provider Led Training
Our centre based training consists of weekly Professional Studies days and 6 Subject Study days:
Professional Studies training takes place every Monday at either of our two training Hubs, Weydon School in Farnham or Reigate School in Reigate. These sessions will immerse you in a rich and stimulating professional learning environment; you will receive practical strategies and ideas to develop your practice within the classroom, and reflect upon your school experience. The programme is front-loaded In the first half term - Professional Studies training takes place on Friday as well as Monday. There are no sessions during the latter part of the summer term in order to give you experience of ‘block’ teaching time when your timetable is at its fullest.
Subject Studies training days are led by subject experts chosen for their renowned reputation as skilled trainers and outstanding practitioners. This element of the programme will focus on the specifics of how to teach your subject, providing you with the appropriate pedagogical knowledge to prepare you to teach your subject to a high level.
School Led Training
Trainees spend 4 days a week at their main placement school (Tuesday – Friday) plus a complimentary second placement:
- Your teaching will be fully mentored and will include:
- Main placement school
- 6 week second placement
- Key Stage 2 Primary Experience
- Sixth Form Experience
- SEN and PRU Enrichment Opportunities
- You will gradually build up your teaching during your training year at a pace that matches your readiness
- On any training programme, the expectation is that you commit to the same hours as a qualified teacher
You have the opportunity to gain the academic award of PGCE (60 Masters Credits) in addition to QTS - please refer to our PGCE & QTS page for further details
Key advantages of the i2i Programme
- You will be placed in a local school from day one making you part of the team and school community
- Weekly core training at a choice of two training hubs
- Specialist subject study training throughout the training year
- Our broad network of partner schools offers stimulating experiences in contrasting educational settings
- One-to-one Mentoring by experienced and passionate teachers
- We offer you a personalised training programme that is truly bespoke, flexible and responsive
- Regular weekly training means you build a network of support from our team and with your peers
- Training leds to both QTS and a masters level PGCE
- High potential for a career within the partnership - ongoing professional development is embedded into our culture
- We go the extra mile for our trainees and we hope your experience so far demonstrates this