Teaching Internship Programme Summer 2022
(Computing, Physics or Maths)
We are delighted to be offering undergraduates a three week paid Internship Programme this summer (£300 per week). During this programme you will gain a deep experience of teaching and school life to help you understand if teaching is for you. Our aim is to help you explore how rewarding and challenging a career in teaching can be and start you on your journey to becoming an outstanding teacher.
Who can apply?
- You need to be interested in teaching Mathematics, Physics or Computing as a career
- You need to be a current undergraduate studying Maths, Physics, Computing (or a related subject)
- You need to be enthusiastic, able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, inquisitive and reflective.
What does the Teaching Internship Programme involve?
During the three week programme, interns will be involved in all aspects of school life:
- Mentoring and coaching by an expert subject practitioner
- Observing and understanding expert teaching
- Joint planning and team teaching
- Coaching or teaching individual or small groups of students
- Running projects or activities within your subject area
- Supporting extra-curricular activities
- Helping subject colleagues prepare resources and materials
- Visiting nearby schools to experience different cultures
- Introductory training on pedagogy (theory of teaching)
- Career conversations and insights
- Taught workshops - subject specific and generic
- Research project and presentation
You will gain a deep and true understanding of what a career in teaching involves, meet other interns and gain valuable work experience and skills for whatever career choices you make.
After the programme, interns will receive ongoing support and guidance to help you pursue your interest in teaching and secure a teacher training placement:
- Further school experience opportunities
- One-on-one bookable session with one of our ITT team
- Application workshops
- Accelerated application and interview process
When is the programme?
The programme runs from Monday 30th June to Friday 8th July 2022 (full-time).
How to apply?
Complete our application form by 12 noon on Friday 21st April 2022
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview on Wednesday 27th or Thursday 28th April 2022
Following a successful interview, candidates will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This is a safeguarding requirement as you will be working in schools with children.
If you like to find out more, please contact Krissy Taylor:
Phone: 01252 725052